There is a magic that happens when young and old, youth and seniors, kids and elderly get to interact. Hearts open. Minds grow. Empathy and compassion develop.
To create that magic, we believe every school should have a senior care partner and every senior care organization should partner with a local school. We believe these partnerships can build a better world.
Intergenerational Activities. We've developed intergenerational activities designed to help you and your students create meaningful connections with senior citizens and senior care facilities in your community.
K-12 Curriculum. Our curriculum page provides links to actionable lesson plans that engage learners of every level.
Additional Resources. The Legacy Project is an independent research, learning, and social innovation group that provides intergenerational activities, perspectives and resources for educators.
Please use the resources provided below to explore what educators across the nation are doing to close the generation gap.
HOSA Minnesota: Future Health Professionals. Health Occupations Students of America is a National Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) endorsed by the Department of Education and the Health Occupations Education Division of the Association of Career and Technical Education. Schools that offer HOSA partnership recognize the importance of providing students training far beyond the basic technical skills needed for entry into the healthcare field.
Voices from the field. Ever consider working with older adults? Learn more about rewarding career paths in aging services: Administration Management, Business Finance and Office Management, Culinary, Environmental Services Maintenance Facilities, Fundraising Development, Marketing Communications, Nursing, Service Coordinator, Staff Educator
- Benefits of Intergenerational Education.
- What are the Benefits of Intergenerational Education?, the Goodman Group
- All Ages Making a Difference, the Benefits of Intergenerational Partnerships, Leading Age Magazine
- Intergenerational Education: Let's Bring Generations Together, Young Entrepreneurs Mentoring Project (YEP)
- Intergenerational Activities in the Older Americans Act Reauthorization 2020, Generations United
- Intergenerational Programs and Physical Distancing Guide, Generations United (Covid Guidelines)
- How Tos and Curriculum.
- How to create powerful intergenerational learning experiences, Digital Promise
- Generations United
- Camps, Curricula and Resources for K-12 Educators, HealthForce Minnesota
Bridging Generations for Lifelong Learning.
The generations have so much to offer each other and the communities in which we all live.